Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cumulative Reflection

Wow! This semester went really fast! I enjoy my time in lab and learned a lot. My lab group was very interesting and had a lot if neat ideas and approaches to the different types of labs. Each lab was challenging in its own way.

The early labs such as first day of school and interest approach were nice to learn how to do fundamentals of teaching. These first few lessons really made you think about what you wanted your students to take away from in the lessons. The interest approach lab was unique because I think it is a struggle to find good ones to use. Because of this lab I was able to take away from others ideas as well as find good resources for them.

The demonstration lab was fun because it was practical but challenging in such a limited setting. This was where for the first time my classroom management was clearly tested. My lab included fire and handling distractions in serious situations. I think I handled the situation decent but definitely seen evidenced why it is important to have smaller groups and select the groups to prevent issues. I learned a from this lab that j have used elsewhere.

In general I found the labs to be practical and relevant to good teaching strategies. The interactive labs is the type of teacher j strive to be. The problem solving labs were a good way to implement this into our teaching.

I an thankful for my lab experiences in addition to the real classroom experience as it has better prepared me for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment